If a woman is complaining of painful or difficult menstruation then she is suffering from Dysmenorrhoea. Menstruation is generally painless, but many women face trouble during the periods at some time during their procreative life. The pain is usually in the lower abdomen which gradually spreads to the lower back, hip portion and thighs. The dysmenorrhoea can be diagnosed on the basis of two facts, pain caused by any evident pelvic disease and pain caused without any underlying disease.
Symptoms of dysmenorrhoea caused by pelvic disease:
- It appears after few years of painless periods
- The symptoms of underlying disease are accompanied by the acute pain in the abdomen
Symptoms of dysmenorrhoea without any pelvic disease:
- Occurs in young girls and women
- Pain felt is spasmodic and colicky
- Usually felt on first two days of period
- Pain is felt for several hours together
- Pain is at times accompanied by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, head ache and dizziness
Difficult and painful periods are generally caused by the following reasons:
- Irritation in ovary
- Inflammation in uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes
- Nervous causes
- Spasmodic pains
- Underlying disease
If you have dysmenorrhoea due to some disease, then the treatment to that disease will bring relief to you from the pain felt during the periods. But if your pain is not because of any disease then there are a number of things that can help you ameliorate the condition. Try stretching your body, this will help your muscles to ease a little bit and the spasmodic pain will reduce. Apply a few drops of rosemary or lavender oil mixed with lotion on the abdomen this will help you in calming the system, but do not use the concentrated form of oils directly. Consuming vitamin B1 and green tea will also help you in alleviating the pain. You can take a hot water shower or use hot water bags to feel comfortable while resting if the attack of the pain is severe.
If you are suffering from DYSMENORRHOEA and want safe and effective herbal medicines, then please fill below form for Doctor’s online consultation.